When someone dies their affairs are generally dealt with relatively smoothly.
However, when disputes arise no end of troubles are caused – the biggest of which being a stalemate between the parties and the estate administration being brought to a halt.
- If you are a beneficiary and are concerned that a Personal Representative:
- is delaying the administration;
- is not providing information relating to the steps they have taken;
- is administering the estate incorrectly; and/or
- has not distributed the funds you are entitled to.
Steps can be taken to request accounts, raise enquiries, obtain Court Orders on how the estate should be administered and, ultimately, remove a Personal Representative.