A Notary Public is a qualified lawyer, appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury, whose status is recognised throughout the world.
Documents which are to be sent to foreign jurisdictions will often only be accepted if they are notarised i.e. they bear the seal and signature of a Notary Public. Many Notaries provide a service for commercial firms engaged in international trade, as well as for private individuals:
Fiona Luscombe provides WBW Notarial Services and is able to assist with a number of tasks including:
- Preparing and authenticating powers of attorney for use overseas.
- Dealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad.
- Authenticating foreign wills and providing documents to deal with the administration of the estates of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad.
- Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, or to apply to marry or to work abroad, such as education or professional qualifications or declarations of freedom to marry.
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions or providing certificates as to the status of a company or the identity of its directors.
- Arranging for legalisation of documents at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office by obtaining Apostilles, and in some cases, consular legalisation as well.
Most Notaries act in that capacity to provide the sort of services already described, but they can also provide authentication and a secure record for almost any sort of transaction, document or event.
This is an extremely specialised service, for further information please contact Fiona Luscombe, who is a Notary Public with us.