At some point in our lives, most of us will have health and social care needs whether as an individual ourselves or as a carer for relatives, spouses or friends because of illness, disability or age. At its heart, community care is about the care people receive in their home or in a care home, as complemented by health and social services, which are also essential parts of the community care law picture.
WBW recognises that elderly clients’ needs are specific and that the law relating to issues concerning elderly people and vulnerable people is both complicated and unnerving.
WBW Solicitors offer a free initial interview to all Community Care clients and flexible funding options.
Our specialist Community Care team offer proven expertise and practical guidance in connection with Health and Social Care Services and funding for some of the most vulnerable members of our society.
Our specialist team of community care advisers can assist in a wide range of matters, including:
- After care service under the Mental Health Act
- Care fees planning
- Carer’s rights
- Charging for and accessing care
- Closure of care homes
- Community care assessments and advice
- Decision making for those lacking capacity
- Disability law
- Hospital discharges
- Judicial review
- NHS and local authority complaints
- NHS continuing healthcare funding
- Withdrawal and reduction of community care