The Partners at WBW Solicitors would like to congratulate Laura Brutti, an Associate in the Private Client Department in Sidmouth, for her recent achievement of passing her final STEP exam which means that she is now fully TEP qualified.
Laura joined the firm in March 2013, bringing a wealth of experience across a broad range of Tax advisory work having previously worked with a local firm and as a Specialist Tax Tester at Thomson Reuters. Laura has extensive experience in preparing Estate & Trust accounts, Tax Returns, Investment Accounts and has a sound understanding of wills and IHT returns.
What is a TEP?
TEP stands for Trust and Estate Practitioner, and is the designation given to full members of STEP – the worldwide professional association for those advising families across generations. To become a TEP, practitioners must have a combination of specialist qualifications and experience, including significant involvement with planning, creation, management of and accounting for trusts and estates, executorship administration and related taxes.
What do TEPs do?
As specialists in inheritance and succession planning, TEPs draft wills and trusts, administer estates, act as trustees and advise families on how best to structure their finances to ensure compliance and preserve their assets for future generations.
In their professional practice, TEPs often help people at difficult or emotional times, such as after the death of a close family member. Some examples of what TEPs may advise on are:
- providing for an individual following their partner’s death, while protecting the interests of their children
- ensuring elderly or vulnerable relatives are cared for and supported
- helping families with interests spread across the world to be compliant with the laws and tax rules of different countries
- ensuring that a family business will pass safely from one generation to another
- helping clients to support charitable causes in an effective way.
For further information, please contact Laura Brutti on 01395 572907 or email email@example.com. WBW Solicitors has offices in Newton Abbot, Torquay, Paignton, Bovey Tracey, Exeter, Launceston, Honiton Exmouth and Sidmouth.