Under s.20, the Local Authority can only accommodate your child with your consent. Usually we would first write a letter saying that you no longer consent to this arrangement and you want your child to return home within a set time, usually a week. If your child is not returned then this will force the Local Authority to issue proceedings so that they can share parental responsibility with you. Ultimately it is the Court who make the final decision about where children should live.