Expansion, mergers and acquisitions, succession, retirement and exit planning
We have considerable experience of advising business owners and fellow professionals and are fully aware of the planning issues that business owners need to consider. In particular, we help clients to address key risks to the ongoing success of their businesses and to plan ahead for expansion, mergers and acquisitions, as well as eventual succession, retirement and exit strategies.
We help clients to consider how best to address risk and help them to build a strategic financial plan. Our comprehensive range of services for business and professional clients includes:
- Retirement Planning: in particular the use of SIPPs (Self Invested Personal Pension Plans) and SSASs (Small Self Administered Schemes). We have considerable experience of using clients’ pension funds to purchase commercial property (either for use by the client’s business, or as an investment) and land.
- Business Protection: planning for the impact on the business of the death (or prolonged incapacity) of a Partner, Director or key person within the business. Assisting businesses in reducing the cost of business loan related insurance products (e.g. life and critical illness insurance). Advice on partnership, shareholder and crossoption agreements is also available.
- Income Protection: providing Partners or Directors with a regular income (to replace drawings of salary), in the event of prolonged absence from work, due to illness or incapacity. Also, reviewing the suitability and/or reducing the cost of any existing arrangements, where appropriate.
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI): recommending suitable schemes for business owners and key employees. Comparing products from the entire market and considering the suitability and tax treatment of such schemes.
- Remuneration and Profit Extraction: recommending the most tax efficient method of enhancing Partners’ and Directors’ remuneration. This may include additional benefits, such as pension or life assurance contributions, as well as strategic income or corporation tax planning.
- Investment of Corporate Money: where businesses hold high levels of cash deposits over a long period, recommending strategies for tax deferral and achieving higher returns, whilst still retaining access to capital.
- Mortgages and Finance: providing access to specialist mortgage, finance and re-financing advice to business owners. Comparing products from the entire market and reviewing clients’ existing facilities, with a view to reducing cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Approach to financial services for Business Owners? »
We provide business clients with a detailed plan, which identifies specific areas as being of concern, and opportunities to enhance a client’s position.Hide this answer
Specialist qualifications held relevant to financial planning for Business Owners? »
Our team of specialists hold a number of relevant professional qualifications including:
- Dip PFS (the Chartered Insurance Institute’s diploma level qualification)
- G60 / AF3
- CF5 (Pension Benefit Options)
- Certified Financial Planner
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Chartered Accountant
- Associate of the Pensions Management Institute
IHT – Prepare to Have Valuations Queried04/07/2011
The potential for reducing Inheritance Tax (IHT) bills by placing ‘soft’ valuations on assets is all too clear and has led HM Revenue and Customs more »
Meeting Long-Term Care Costs04/07/2011
One of the often forgotten issues in retirement planning is the possibility of having to fund long-term care at some future time. Such care is more »