Slip, trip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere. People regularly suffer injuries on uneven pavements, defects in the road, on broken steps, within shops, and other public places.
If you have suffered a slip, trip or fall because of a hazard or defect that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your personal injury and financial losses incurred as a result of the accident.
- Accidents on roads and pavements – your local council has a legal duty to maintain the roads and pavements to a reasonable standard. They will have public liability insurance to cover any compensation claims.
- Accidents in shops – shopkeepers have a legal duty to ensure the safety of their customers whilst on their premises, including car parks.
- Accidents in other places – places that are accessible to the public are also covered by laws to protect the public from suffering injuries.
Compensation for slips and trips claims includes:
- General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
- Expenses such as physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital
- In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home
We offer free initial advice and no win no fee agreements, your concerns about costs should not prevent you from bringing a claim.
Contact us today to arrange your free initial consultation.