- Employment Advice for Employers
- Business Transfers
- Employment Contracts and Handbooks
- Employment Rights
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Ending an Employment Relationship
- Equal Opportunities
- HR Support and Training
- Managing Sickness Absence
- Misconduct or Poor Performance
- Protecting Trade Secrets and Client Lists
- Recruiting New Staff
- WBW Employment Law Service
WBW provides businesses with advice and assistance on all aspects of employment legislation.
The rights of employees and workers derive from a variety of statutory sources which can frequently change. Employers must be familiar with their obligations and keep up to date with such changes to ensure that they do not breach employee rights.
Employment rights granted to employees are wide ranging and include:
- Working time including right to time off and breaks, paid annual leave, rules re night working;
- Pay including the minimum wage and protection from unauthorised deductions from wages;
- Family friendly rights including maternity, paternity, adoption, flexible working and time off; and
- Right to remain in employment in the event the business or service offering is sold;
- Right to be given notice on termination of employment;
- Entitlement to a written statement of terms and conditions of employment;
- Equal opportunities and treatment.
We can help you keep up to date with the changes and advise you when you face a potential dispute with an employee.
Bereavement Leave - is your policy in place?26/03/2013
Recent news stories have raised questions as to Bereavement Leave and a BBC report has investigated 'Should everyone get paid more »
Employee Breach of Confidentiality Dispute20/03/2013
In circumstances where a worker copied his employer’s documents onto a USB stick shortly before resigning and taking up a new position with a more »